Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the hypocrite is me

So a couple of weeks have past.  I promised myself not to Wii hunt.  I broke that promise the week before last.  We found a site that gave information about Wii inventory and shipment dates.  We decided to go to Circuit City at open the Sunday before last (1/21/07).  We de-iced the car while sliding down our inclined driveway, and then drove 30 miles to try to capture the elusive wii.  We pulled up to the store and started walking in through the ice storm.  A guy was walking out of the store holding a Wii.  Upon sighting this man Tammy said, "run!" so we ran.  We get to an associate and he tells us that he had just sold the last unit.  I was almost in tears.  Once I made it to the car there was yelling.  The image of the guy walking out of the store with his Wii was etched into my memory.  You could just see the satisfaction on his face.  This is why I had given up the hunt in the first place, disappointment.  The day wasn't all bad.  We ended up going to see Pan's Labyrinth.  While we were very sleep deprived, the film kept our attention.  It is a beautiful modern fairy tale with outstanding music, spectacular special effects and a moving story. 


With that incident being over, I found out our local Wal-Mart was going to be getting a large shipment of Wii's this past Sunday (1/28/06).  I decided come hell or high water I was getting a Wii.  I went at 9pm Saturday night and asked if there was a line for the 12:01 distribution, and there was.  I was about 10th in line.  Thankfully they had 45 so I was able to get my Wii.  It is magnificent.  It is all I expected and more.  I will write more about it later. 


Blogged with Flock

No comments: