Sunday, January 21, 2007

Zombies!!! and Great Movies come together, again!

Tammy and I played the boardgame Zombies!!! for the second time last night, and we had a blast.  The first time playing was kind of confusing.  It was difficult working out the subtleties.  Some of the rule aren't extraordinarily clear, but if you can master the basic core of rules the rest can be worked out as you play.  Twilight Creations, the company that make the game, has a good FAQ
site that answers most of the questions that may have been left out of the instructions.  You also have the freedom to create any variation you like which we plan on doing once we become even more comfortable with the core rules.  I can't wait to pay with a larger group of people!

While playing the game we watched The Red Queen Kills Seven Times.  We picked this movie up as part of the Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set.  I have to say the movie was pretty amazing.  Being a huge fan of Dario Argento's movies I have to say this film had the style, colors, and music of a great giallo horror masterpiece.  While the movie was almost as good as an Argento movie it lacked the blood and brutality of the Italian masters films.  Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of blood for the casual viewer, it is just not as abundant as it is with, let's say, Deep Red.

This movie was brought to us by a company I am going to be keeping my eye on called NoShame who also release the great Italian film Dark Waters that Tammy reviewed on VOX a few months ago.  They have great potential, and so far I have been really happy with the movies I have seen from the company.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: