Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Recently I saw a really good trailer for Silent Hill. From what I have seen it looks like it will capture the tone and story of the video game really well (hopefully more so than Resident Evil). If only Sonic Youth was doing the score. I remember the first Silent Hill game being loaded with strange references to the band... Speaking of music I found a really cool project while exploring iTunes last night. The name is Dabrye and it is some of the nicest glitch/trip-hop music I have heard in a while. Well, that isn't true, I hear a lot of good new music frequently, but I still highly recommend checking out their stuff at iTunes anyway. It is very rhythmic and hypnotic.

1 comment:

Chris Hopper said...

You know, I really should knock my expectations down a couple of notches. Every-time I get excited to see a Hollywood horror movie I end up being let down. Since you haven't played the game I can definitely understand your lack of enthusiasm. Trust me though, the trailer is doing a good job of convincing me that this movie will be very true to the game. The importance of that is how scary the game really was. It was one of the first games to really give me the creeps. The tone and content of Silent Hill was phenomenal.