Monday, December 26, 2005

Those with ears to hear, let them hear!

Okay, so Congress decide not to make Christmas merry and continue the Patriot Act for a few more months. I guess that means it is time to start writing to Congress. Instead of focusing on the bad I should probably focus on the good. Christmas was very rewarding this year. I was happy with just about everything I got, with some crazy/confusing exceptions, this year. Thankfully, it was mostly media, yet I was very happy with most of the non-media gifts. Tammy and I both got a lot of over due cookware. It felt good to throw away all the scratched up Wal-Mart cookware we had taking up space and burning our food. I finally have a copy of Scarface to call my own so I don't have to watch the crappy TV edited version. I also got Spinal Tap which falls into the same TV edit category. I have so many new cool things it would take forever to play, watch, read, and then give reviews of all of them so I will just do them as time allows me to. On a special non-gift note I did get the new Tool DVD's for Schism and Parabola from Amazon the other day. I have yet to listen to the Lustmord remixes on the DVD's or listen to the commentaries, but I have watched the videos. While I am thrilled to have these two music videos I have longed to see again for so long, I have to say I am disappointed they are not mixed in 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound. After the DVD boxed set they released before I would expect any following DVD's to at least have 5.1 sound, but they do not. The videos are still gorgeous and like I said before, I am still very happy to have them. I guess it is time to go and indulge...

No comments: